Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!! (And, a gift share--Dad, spoiler alert, don't read this post yet!)

Hi Readers!

Just wanted to drop in and wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving!  I hope you are able to spend the day with family and friends and enjoy a delicious meal.  We have lots to be thankful for in my household--and you readers are definitely on my list.

I also had to share a great gift find I found for my Dad.  (My Dad doesn't do much on computers, so it's likely that if he is reading my blog, it won't be until after he opens these little gems, so I think I am safe sharing them with you all!)

My Dad has had this Gonzo ornament on the Christmas tree as long as I can remember.  It was always special to find the Gonzo ornament amongst the box of ornaments when we were putting up the tree each year at my Mom and Dad's growing up.  Of course, my sister and I always wanted to hang it somewhere prominent on the tree, but with it being so heavy, he always got moved to the bottom branches.

The Muppet Show was a huge memory of my childhood.  It used to be on TV on Sunday nights and the treat at our house was to have Dave's Pizza, and we'd get to eat on TV trays in the living room with pop in our Tupperware sippy cups after our baths and watch The Muppet Show.  Even as a grown up, I still love that show, and the movies, and have shared them with my boys as well.

Last year, my Mom, sister and I had gone out for some after Christmas shopping for things like tags to add to our gift tag boxes (another tradition I'll talk more about this holiday season), calendars for the new year, and anything with the gift cards we had just gotten.  When we were at Target going through their holiday section for the tags, I came across these beauties:

I couldn't pass them up.  I can hardly wait to see the expression on my Dad's face when he opens them up. Another bonus, they aren't as heavy as Gonzo, so perhaps they will get to have a place a little more eye level on their tree.  You can bet that I will have my camera ready to capture my Dad's expression when he opens them, and, I will stop back in and share where they go on the tree once I see it decorated.




2 comments:

  1. Dad loves them ~ I'm sure he'll hang them when we decorate the tree with the boys this weekend! :) Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I'm glad he liked them and you yours!!

    ReplyDelete