Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Swatchbook Sneak Peek

Hi Readers!

SO GLAD it's Wednesday!  We are halfway through the busiest 3 weeks of our year at work.  I'm trying to keep creating each day, but this week it's been all about digital Christmas presents.

Are you doing the 30 days of Thankfulness?  Today I was thankful for this little beauty.  Scout is almost 7 months old and she has been so much fun since she joined our family in May.

So as I was saying, this week creating has been about digital Christmas presents.  Since I know my niece isn't old enough to read my blog yet, I figured it would be safe to show you a sneak peek of one of the things I'm making for her.  I bought the Faces I Love download and am going to make her a swatchbook of her family.  


One of my son Alex's favorite things to do when he was little was to look at all the pictures I had out on my buffet.  He especially loved a family picture taken of my Dad, Mom, sister and I when I was about 20.  My sister would have been about 15.  He liked it so much he carried it everywhere, so my Mom had a copy of the picture laminated for him.  Since we live about 3 hours away, I thought it would be fun to make Brynnie a cute book she could hold and look at.  The swatchbook will be perfect.  

This kit is cute on it's own, so you wouldn't have to do another thing to it, just add your pictures and voila, something cute for those little people in your life.  I decided though, to dress up the cover with a few embellishments-a girl likes to accessorize, right?  Here's the finished cover.  One of my favorite parts of the accent are the adorable burlap flowers I colored in shades of pink.


I haven't finished all the pages on the inside yet, but here is a picture of Brynnley's puppy brother Nomad.  I added that cute scalloped Island Indigo trim on all the pages for consistency.  


Thanks for stopping in tonight!  Hope your day was a good one :)




1 comment: