Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Thank you Pinterest

Guess what day it is......

Come on I know at least one of you (more than likely most of you) read that in the voice of the camel from the Geico commercial.  They really have some of the best commercials don't they?

So thank you to Pinterest for a new sketch challenge to check out.  Well, at least new to me.  I have a board called Sketches to Try and that's where I found this one.  It's called  Seize the Birthday and it's a challenge dedicated only to birthday cards.  I did a Christmas card, so I won't be entering this one, but I really had fun checking out their blog and sketches.  Lots of fun ones I'll be going back to.

Here's the sketch:

Here's my take:

Clean and simple card--my favorite style.  I love the little bit of sparkle that the Frosted Elements embellishment gives to this simple sketch.  

What are you up to this weekend?  This weekend starts lots of the holiday favorites around here.  Bentleyville one of the best light displays you will see is ready in Bayfront Park, and the Festival of Trees is this weekend, too.  It's a crafters DREAM and I am hoping I can get there this weekend.  

Thanks for checking in with me today.  I'll be back tomorrow with a take on two challenges.  Hope your day is a good one.


No comments:

Post a Comment