Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Christmas!

Beautiful tree with family ornaments at my in-law's house this year
Just stopping in amongst the festivities to wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas and a happy, healthy, successful 2014.  Thank you so much for being a part of my blog family and stopping in to see what's going on here in the Northwoods!

I have taken a little hiatus from blog posting over this holiday season, but I am going to be back on January 1st with a post announcing my One Little Word for 2014.  I am SO excited for this class to begin, and to see where my word takes me this year.  If you are interested in seeing what all the excitement is, and joining me, check it out here.  If you sign up by 12/31 (like I did...) you can take this class along with me for 50 CENTS a week.  I'd love to have you.

I couldn't leave today without sharing this recipe with you.  Ham is the traditional Christmas food in my house, and I am trying a new glaze this year.  It's in the crockpot right now and it smells SO good.  I can not possibly wait 2.5 more hours to eat it!

Crockpot Christmas Ham
Ham Glaze:
1 tsp. ground mustard
1 tsp. prepared horseradish
1/4 c. packed brown sugar
2 T plus 1/4 cup Cola (divided)

Mix together all ingredients in a bowl except for the 1/4 c. cola.  Rub on a pre-cooked 5-6lb ham.  Place ham in crockpot and pour remaining 1/4 c. cola over the top.  Cook on low for 6-8 hours.  Enjoy!

PS--didn't Alex and Grandpa do a beautiful job on their family tree this year?  My in-laws own a sweet Victorian B&B in town.  It is such a great place to experience, and we feel lucky to have it in the family. You can check it out here.  Look him up if you find yourself in town and needing a place to stay.  He opens back up this spring

No comments:

Post a Comment