Monday, December 16, 2013

More Cookie Traditions


Good Morning Readers!

Yesterday I shared one of our family traditions--making Molasses Sugar Cookies with my Gram.  You can read more about that here.

In addition to those cookies, I was part of a new tradition this weekend, too.  My Grandpa Willie (my Dad's Dad) was a teacher at trade school for several years.  He is an excellent auto mechanic, and if he had his way would still be hoisting transmissions out of cars even at 89 years old. While teaching auto shop, he met his friend Dexter who taught baking and they forged a life long friendship.  For the last couple years my aunts, my uncle,a couple of my cousins, and my great aunt and her granddaughter have gone and baked cookies with Dexter and his wife Joanne at their in-home business/bakery.

Here are a few pictures--they are not the best quality, but it was something I will look forward to doing again next year if we have the opportunity.  We made cut outs, thumbprints, fattigman and krumkake (traditional Norwegian cookies), rosettes, pecan blondies, gingerbread men, and cinnamon sticks.  We got to take what we'd like for our holiday baking, and helped Dexter be able to freeze some for his holiday orders.  We baked between 200 and 300 dozen cookies!  It was really fun and a great way to get in the holiday spirit.

Enjoy the pictures.  I'd love to hear what some of your favorite holiday traditions are, or new ones you are looking forward to starting.  Thanks for stopping in!

Cookies waiting to be wrapped

My great aunt Dorothy and her granddaughter Jessica

Fattigmann

Krumkake

Auntie Patti making cinnamon logs

Phil manning the Krumkake while Uncle Dave washes dishes

A look at one end of the kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment