Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year's 2014 One Little Word



Happy New Year! I hope you had a great New Year's Eve however you celebrated.  We had a delicious steak dinner, the boys had a "gaming sleepover," and my husband and I watched It's a Wonderful Life.  I love that movie--each time I watch it I seem to get something else out of it.

I have been talking about this class, One Little Word, I am going to be taking this year.  Ali Edwards has been doing this class for several years now, and I always enjoy reading her posts regarding the words she chooses. This year, I have decided to go for it.  The class starts today but it's not too late for you to sign up, too.

I thought about several words for 2014.  Design, create, build, and purpose to name a few.  One word that kept cropping up for me, no matter how hard I tried to ignore it, was intention.

Here is Merriam-Webster's definition of intention:

in·ten·tion

 noun \in-ˈten(t)-shən\
: the thing that you plan to do or achieve : an aim or purpose

Full Definition of INTENTION

1
:  a determination to act in a certain way :  resolve
2
3
a :  what one intends to do or bring about
b :  the object for which a prayer, mass, or pious act is offered
4
:  a process or manner of healing of incised wounds
5
:  conceptespecially :  a concept considered as the product of attention directed to an object of knowledge
6
plural :  purpose with respect to marriage

The more I thought about it, the more intention really resonated with me.  I want to be intentional about how I spend (or don't spend) my time.  I want to be intentional about time spent with my family.  I want to be intentional in my relationships with my husband and children.  I want to be intentional about how I run my Stampin' Up! business in 2014.  

I have created a Pinterest board for inspiration about my word "intention".  You can follow me here.  While looking for things to pin to this board I came across a couple quotes that really drove this concept home:

"That was the day she made herself the promise she would live more from intention and less from habit"  and "I will love, speak, live with intention."  

This wouldn't be my crafty blog without a little crafty inspiration as well.  I created a graphic for my word in My Digital Studio.  When I get this page printed I plan to handwrite the definition on the lines below the graphic and put it in my album.  I intend to share my progress with you along the way.



I am excited to see where this intentional journey will take me.  I am really excited that a few of my friends and my Mom are taking this course along with me.  If you are taking One Little Word, I'd love to hear what your word is.  And, even if you aren't taking One Little Word--if you could choose a word this year, what would it be?

Happy 2014 friends!  I am looking forward to this new chapter.






No comments:

Post a Comment